Just sent this to Orange - hope I get a reply soon!
I'd like to know what is going on with my order/upgrade dated 1/10/2013
My mobile number is 07*********
Account no.: ********
You have taken the money, and the phone service is stating my next upgrade is due on 1/10/2015 - so the order must have gone through - but when I rang 150 from my mobile device to check on my order I had the following problems;
* The first time, I requested an email confirmation of my order, but was told that there is no process for this. I was told that I could receive a text confirmation, but only after my new handset had arrived (even though the handset would be confirmation enough, surely! I wanted confirmation before that!)
* I was then passed on to another assistant who did not seem to be able to find my upgrade order! She then found something saying I had upgraded to an iPhone 4S, but that was 2 years ago on my last upgrade. I said I had ordered an iPhone 5S and she said that was only available on EE, despite that not being mentioned at all during my order, and the orange website displaying iPhone 5S plans. Needless to say, I was starting to get worried, confused and dissatisfied. As an orange customer of almost a decade, I'm not feeling that my custom is being respected.
* I was then passed on to a member of EE customer services who couldn't find my information, so wrote down my name with a PENCIL to try and find my order. He had my mobile, and - I thought - my account details but still didn't seem to have any record. We we're cut off, and I had no call back. Rather than go through all that again, with the waiting and constant verification of who I am, I hoped I might get a clearer answer via email.
Also, I am aware it may take up to 30 days to receive my phone.
I would like;
* confirmation, as soon as possible, of my order either vie email, via text or via mail.
* if possible an update on my order
* my order reference numbers, if they are not attached to the order confirmation
* the ability to check the status of my order online, so as not to waste your customer service agents time anymore
One more thing - as a former customer service agent for a major international company (Office Depot UK) I am fully aware of what should be expected from large, successful companies like yours who rely on customer retention. I don't think, in my experience, enough is being done to serve your customers. I'm not saying I want a courier to bring my phone today, or any free stuff, I just want simple questions answered and to feel like I am respected as a paying, long time customer.
Benjamin L. Harris