Sunday, April 26, 2009

Windows © Vista ® (A Sunday Rant)

I run a risk of ranting about adverts and nothing else, but I can't let this one go. I've just watched a Windows© advert about a young boy photographing the 'land of robots' (Which, by the way, I would love to visit!) but, says the boy, the land of robots is too big, so he takes a bunch of close up pictures and uses Vista to 'stitch' them together. Good idea. Great idea, in fact the possibilities with panoramic photography are staggering! Hot stuff! So this irritating little kid proceeds to stitch his land of robots pictures together into... A picture that he could have taken by taking three steps backwards. So, two things which PISS ME OFF and i'm sure you'll agree.
1) why spend thousands of dollars on such a shitty advert, when there are so many better ways to make this wonderful software seem appealing - fuck it, give me thirty quid and i'll make a better fucking advert.
2) are they trying to sell up software that STOPS US MOVING ALTOGETHER? Actually, that doesn't sound so bad. I'm just going to give Bill Gates a ring...

No comments: